It’s Thursday and you know what that means– time to start planning your weekend!
Here are some things to add to your to-do list this weekend:
1. Bring the whole family to the Early Childhood Celebration & Children’s Fair. Friday 6/10 from 4:30- 7 pm behind City Hall. Fun, FREE activities for the whole family, including a bouncy house, obstacle course, petting zoo, games, crafts, photo booth, a downtown scavenger hunt, and the opportunity to learn about the different health resources in our community! For the kid in all of us. Hosted by the AMA ESD.
2. Stroll through downtown Alpena. Friday 6/10 from 6-8 pm. Be serenaded by street performers who return for the summer season. Check out the DIA Inside Out artwork on display and follow the newly painted Art Walk indicators on the sidewalk from piece to piece! Various downtown businesses, such as The Marketplace, will also be open late for the summer season. You may find yourself strolling right on to the winery or Fresh Palate to celebrate the end of the week…
4. Help paint the Fish Mural. Saturday 6/11 from 10 am- 12 pm, hosted by Art in the Loft. Mural painter Tony Hendrick will be at the gallery instructing the final painting of the fish mural downtown. Dream of being able to say “I helped paint that?!” Now’s your chance to make your mark! Tickets $15 for non-members, $12 for members.
5. Listen to a free concert at the Band Shell. Saturday 6/11 from 6- 9 pm. True North Radio Network brings country artist Julianne Ankley & the Rogues. Full summer schedule here.
6. Enjoy a mimosa at Thunder Bay Winery. Sundays starting at noon. Make-your-own mimosa bar featuring various juices and fresh fruits. Best enjoyed in the sunshine. Cheers.
7. Be serenaded by the Thunder Bay Arts Council Chorus. Sunday 6/12 at 4:30 pm at St. Paul Lutheran Church. Featuring a fabulous selection of music ranging from Great American Songbook classics such as “Just the Way You Look Tonight”, spirituals, and choral masterpieces such as “Prayer of the Children.” Precluded with music from local pianists. Children and student tickets are FREE. Adult tickets are $10. Tickets may be pre-purchased online here or at the door.
It’s truly a wonderful weekend to be in downtown Alpena!
Blog Downtown Alpena is written by Anne Gentry in conjunction with the Alpena DDA. See anything I missed that’s going on this weekend downtown? Message me here. And like the page to never have to say “there’s nothing to do” ever again.