About the Program
The DDA is looking for creative, outgoing, and motivated individuals to be Downtown Ambassadors. Downtown Ambassadors share their positive experiences downtown on Instagram on designated Posting Days during a three month season.
- Be at least 16 years old
- Live in Alpena or the surrounding area
- Have a public Instagram profile
- Be willing to post twice a month for three months about Downtown Alpena
- Attend 1 or 2 events with fellow ambassadors
What do Downtown Ambassadors do?
As a DDA Ambassador you would post a creative photo that you took downtown twice a month on the days listed below for July through September. You will also attend one or two events per season.
- July 9th
- July 28th
- August 11th
- August 21st
- September 4th
- September 22nd
Why should I apply?
You might be a good fit for this program, if…
- You want to gain experience creating social media content and developing skills and tools for a career and resume.
- You want the opportunity to network with local businesses and professionals to learn more about entrepreneurship and downtown development.
- You are looking for a community of people invested in downtown, and growing connections and friendships among young professionals
- You want to attend workshops or events to help you build professional and life skills
What am I taking and posting pictures of?
Photos must feature a downtown business, event, location or product, but the rest of the details are totally up to you! Your photos can be candid and shot that day, or they can be posed and designed ahead of time—whatever works for you and your schedule! Some Posting Days might have a theme to help give you some inspiration. Some example themes might be: “Treat Yourself,” “Eat Local,” or “Stay Cool.” When you post your photos make sure to tag @downtownalpena and use #downtownalpena, #ddaambassadors, #alpena, #visitalpena, and #sanctuaryofthegreatlakes so we can find your posts!
What kind of events will I be attending?
The exact events that we will be sponsoring haven’t been determined yet, but here are some examples to give you an idea of the kind of events we’re trying to plan.
- learn about the history of Alpena
- a talk or panel given by downtown business owners
- a dialogue about something going on in the downtown area
- a meet and greet with light refreshments
- Workshop or events depending on the demographics of the ambassadors
Applications are due June 22, 2018.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kingsli Kraft at the DDA!
Phone: (989) 354-1792
Address: 124 E. Chisholm Street
One thought on “Downtown Alpena Ambassadors Program!”
I would love the opportunity to be involved in the community. I have worked downtown at Boldrey, Senchuk, Rouleau & Williams CPAs PC for 14 years now. The downtown area is such a beautiful area in our town and I love to see the continued growth.