REGISTER HERE: Chowder and Chili Cook-off Registration Packet 2018
Save the date: The 5th Annual Downtown Alpena Chowder & Chili Cook-off is scheduled for Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 12-4 pm.
Like last year, the event will take place on Second Avenue from Chisholm St. to River St./ Park Place. Yep, we’re closing the street again and hosting one big, fall-festive, chowder-eating, chili-tasting party. And you’re invited.
This year, cash prizes are doubled– for a total of $2,500 in prizes being given away for the following categories:
- Best in Show- Amateur ($1,000)
- Best in Show- Professional ($1,000)
- Best Chowder ($150)
- Best Chili ($150)
- Most Spirited ($100)
- Most Unique Recipe ($100)
For those interested in attending the event, tasting is $10, which will get you a taste of each chili and chowder. Michigan beer and wine will be available for purchase as well.
Interested in participating and preparing a chowder or chili?
A few reminders:
- You may be either a professional or amateur.
- You may enter either as an individual, restaurant, group, duo, organization, team, squad, or any other combination of humans.
- You must prepare your chili or chowder in a certified, inspected kitchen. Not sure where to find one? Contact the DDA and we can help.
- You are welcome to collect tips and bring any sides/toppings.
- Registration is $25.
- You also get a free drink token the day of.
- Last year we had over 370 tasters, so we recommend at minimum 6 gallons of chowder or chili.
The full registration packet can be found here:
We’ll see you on October 6, 2018, starting at noon!
Anne Gentry is Executive Director and writes for blog from time to time. Any questions about attending or participating in the event can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or 989–356-6422.