Updated May 1, 2023
Dreaming of your perfect wedding day in Downtown Alpena? We have an amazing list of all of the local florists, venues, and salons that you could possibly need to make your day magical! We are lucky in Downtown Alpena to have so many amazing people that are fantastic at what they do, and we are grateful that they are a part of special events like weddings to help create incredible moments in our town.
The perfect venue is often the thing that you book first. A venue that makes your day so easy is all that you want, and many of these venues offer wonderful private and public spaces where you can celebrate both the big and small moments of such a wonderful day. We have an amazing set of venues right here in downtown that can be transformed to make your vision come true!
These venues include:
- Depot on Fletcher Street (124 W Fletcher St)
- The Loft (i.e. Art in the Loft, 109 N 2nd Ave, Suite 300)
- JJ’s Ember Room & Phoenix (411 N 2nd Ave)
Every bride wants to look beautiful on her wedding day. In Downtown Alpena, we have a very long list of some amazing hairstylist, makeup artist, and nail techs that are sure to have you glamorous for your big day. Our list of beauticians is below.
- Hair by Ellie and Company (121 N 2nd Ave)
- Reflections Salon (106 N 3rd Ave)
- Roar Salon (424 N 2nd Ave)
- Salon 125 (125 E Chisholm St)
- Shear Envy (212 N 2nd Ave)
- Suite Salon Spa (Harborside Center, 175 N State St)
The bouquet is everything, and the boutonnière finishes the groom’s look nicely. Luckily, we have some very talented florists located right downtown who make gorgeous arrangements. Flowers are a major part of the day because not only do you remember how they looked, but how they smelled, and how they tied everything together to make the venue unbelievably dreamy. Check out the florists in Downtown Alpena to make your day memorable.
Local florists include:
- Lasting Expressions Flower Shop (204 W Washington Ave)
- Classic Designs by Doreen Thomas (106 Water St)
Your guests will often remember all of the amazing moments at your wedding, and that includes the meal that you all eat together. Downtown holds some amazing restaurants and eateries that cater events to perfection. They are able to bring their incredible flavors to any location and make the magic of the day even better!
Downtown caterers include:
- Blue Moon Café (130 W Chisholm St)
- The Fresh Palate (109 N 2nd Ave, Suite 106)
- JJ’s Steak & Pizza House (411 N. 2nd Ave)
- Mango’s Tequila Bar (121 W Chisholm St)
- Red Brick Tap & Barrel (109 River St)
Whether you’re looking for an engagement ring, wedding rings, bridesmaid accessories, or some extra sparkle for your wedding day, stop in Bolenz Jewelry! Bolenz has been a proud part of downtown since the 1980’s and offers a selection of fine jewelry, gemstones, carrying popular brands like A. Jaffe and Pandora and creating custom jewelry and settings.
- Bolenz Jewelry (131 W. Chisholm St)
Need tuxes? Glik’s Alpena offers tux rentals for weddings and special occasions.
- Glik’s Alpena (111 N. State St).
There are many ways to make your wedding day spectacular, but utilizing all of the amazing professionals that we have in Downtown Alpena can also make your day a breeze. The spectacular work of any of these businesses will help to ease your mind and make your day as smooth and seamless as possible!
Photos used in this blog post are courtesy of the linked Facebook profiles of each business.